RE: no degree equals demotion

Subject: RE: no degree equals demotion
From: "Pete Sanborn" <psanborn2 -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2001 11:34:21 -0500

I don't want to proliferate a flood of "me-toos", but both Dick and Richard
are correct. The reasons EP's manager gave for the action taken is without
merit and is probably actionable. I agree that EP should be seeking a new
position and take their knowledge and experience elsewhere ASAP. If EP is
working in the US, it might be worthwhile to file a complaint with both the
EEOC and the NLRB.

Essentially, the company is changing the rules in mid-stream after having
hired you and employed you for 4 years. In order to justify this, they must
have a more compelling reason other than you don't have a college degree.
There is discrimination written all over this and you need to take action.
They probably want to make room for someone's brother or cousin in the
department and need to make a position by driving you out. Whatever your
choice, do not jump at the first opportunity that comes along, but carefully
consider all options before making a move. Start looking now and move at
your discretion, not theirs.

Also, after you leave, make sure we know who your current employer is so we
can avoid them in the future.

Best of luck.

Regards,
Pete Sanborn