Re: Average Pay...

Subject: Re: Average Pay...
From: Charles E Vermette <cvermette -at- juno -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2001 21:55:56 -0500

Steve (an aspiring Technical Writer) asks:

<<<Is the average pay (for an entry level tech writer) $15 to $20 an
Hour?>>>

I'm an intermediate level writer in the Boston area, specializing in
Software end-user manuals and Online Help Development. My first contract
technical contract (3 years ago) was for $30 an hour and my last two were
for $40 an hour (all W2 through agencies.)

1.) How does this compare to the rest of the country?
2.) Have rates gone down that much in the last few months? They don't
seem to have in Boston (though I have run into some folks trying to
"bottom feed" for ridiculous rates...for $15-$20 an hour I might as well

-Chuck

custom cover design, and distribution to 25,000 retailers. And it's
affordable. Join our almost 10,000 published authors today.
http://www.iuniverse.com/media/techwr