RE: best software for web site development

Subject: RE: best software for web site development
From: "Jane Carnall" <jane -dot- carnall -at- digitalbridges -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 16:21:25 -0000

Chris asked:
> Which are the top two software programs for web development?

Can I suggest you take a look at Philip and Alex's Guide to Web Publishing?
Very readable (and full of great photographs to rest your eyes on) and an
excellent introduction to the principles of designing a website. ("What tool
do I use?" is not yet the right question to ask, as others have already
observed.) I bought the paper copy, but, true to Philip Greenspun's
principles, the complete text is available online:

http://www.arsdigita.com/books/panda/

(Philip is the one on the left.)

Jane Carnall
Technical Writer, Digital Bridges, Scotland
Unless stated otherwise, these opinions are mine, and mine alone. Apologies
for the long additional sig: it is added automatically and outwith my
control.

E-mail is an informal method of communication and may be subject to data corruption, interception and unauthorised amendment for which Digital Bridges Ltd will accept no liability. Therefore, it will normally be inappropriate to rely on information contained on e-mail without obtaining written confirmation.

custom cover design, and distribution to 25,000 retailers. And it's
affordable. Join our almost 10,000 published authors today.
http://www.iuniverse.com/media/techwr