Adobe Framemaker Ver. 6.0 Upgrade for Windows

Subject: Adobe Framemaker Ver. 6.0 Upgrade for Windows
From: Steve Lefevers <scl -at- pcisys -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 06:58:30 -0700

My Email Address is scl -at- pcisys -dot- net

I have Windows 98SE and MS Word 97 on my pc.

I need to buy Adobe Framemaker Ver. 6.0 for Windows - so I can learn this
program at home. The Program Retail costs about $750 - can't afford it.

I called Adobe - they don't have Demo's.

I could get an Academic Version for about $280 but you can only buy this
type version from the College after you sign up to take their college course
(the course will probably cost at least $200). Thats $480.
Can't afford it.

eBay Auction might have an Adobe Framemaker Ver. 6.0 - I've never bought
anything from an eBay Auction - I'm a little concerned about getting ripped
off or fraud. Has anyone ever bought anything from an eBay auction - is it
fairly safe?

The Final option is to just buy the Adobe Framemaker Ver. 6.0 Upgrade. So
far, 1 person told me you can install the Upgrade on your pc, even if you
have no earlier Version of Adobe Framemaker on your pc and it works just
like the full Program. Is that possible?
Or must you have an earlier Version of Adobe Framemaker on your pc for the
Upgrade to work?

Has anyone actually done this?

If this isn't possible - does anyone have any ideas on where you can buy an
Older Version of Adobe Framemaker for Windows?

I'll say Thanks Now to everyone who responds for your Insight - so I don't
congest your email later!
Steve - Aspiring Tech Writer