Re: Overloaded brain? One way to cope!

Subject: Re: Overloaded brain? One way to cope!
From: Glen Warner <gdwarner -at- mindspring -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2001 08:25:06 -0800

"Lisa Wright" <liwright -at- earthlink -dot- net> wrote:

> I have a very practical way of dealing with all those subjects I think I
> might want to know about in the future but there's no way in heck I can
> possibly remember everything about. (I would've included it in my
> earlier post but I forgot--imagine that!--until I had to move it this
> morning.)
>
> I have a big notebook with lots of tabs in it for all kinds of tech
> writing and also general work-related topics.

(*snip*)

Lisa's way is Too Much Work(tm) for me ... I have this small Desktop
Accessory called FlashWrite II (Mac Only), which I use to copy and paste
interesting tidbits from this list (and other places on the internet).

I'm not sure how many pages it maxes out at; right now, I have 247. Since
this DA was written back in the mid-80s, I'm afraid that once the pages go
over 255 (one of those magic numbers in the computer world), it will
explode ... or when I upgrade to OS 9.3 or something, it will simply stop
working (same diff).

Maybe I'd better start exporting this stuff.

--gdw

> Lisa

"In closing, I might recommend that besides getting a Technical Writing
certificate, any bright hopeful might also enroll in a few mind reading
classes or have work experience with The Psychic Friends Hotline. With
qualifications like that, you¹ll go far."
--J.Richardson, New TechWriter