RE: Sub Contracts on Resumes

Subject: RE: Sub Contracts on Resumes
From: "Maggie Secara" <maggiros -at- adelphia -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 20:37:29 -0800

Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but I had 2 (count'em) 2 of those this year. I list
the company I did the work for, not the company who paid me. Hmm, well, except
in one case, which was a consulting gig as part of a team, and my manager and
co-workers were entirely the consulting team and I had very little direct
contact with the client company (the client's client?)

With a regular contract, I list the company I did the work for, even if I am
being paid by an agency. I worked for the bank, the law firm, or the health
service, not for Kelly, Modis, or the flybynight agency who jerked me around
till I wanted to scream.

The point of the reference is for the work itself, not the source of the
paycheck. And there's no reason to unneccessarily complicate someone's day.
You can explain all the relationships later, if asked.

Happy New Year!

Maggie Secara
~home watching old movies on New Years Eve, again :)

custom cover design, and distribution to 25,000 retailers. And it's
affordable. Join our almost 10,000 published authors today.
http://www.iuniverse.com/media/techwr

Sponsored by eHelp Corporation, makers of RoboHelp - the industry standard
in Help authoring. Download a trial version today or get special savings when
you buy the RoboHelp 2002 Holiday Edition. Visit http://www.ehelp.com/techwr