RE: Client woes: a question to ask yourself...

Subject: RE: Client woes: a question to ask yourself...
From: KMcLauchlan -at- chrysalis-its -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 12:43:07 -0500

Bryan,

I believe the point was that things like auto mechanics
and electronics and whatever are niches, but BUSINESS
skills and awareness are a universal element across
all kinds of businesses -- the people who employ you --
regardless of the product or service.

The point is to understand the needs and motivations
of the people in the organization who are closer to
the business demands/decisions than you are, so that
you can remain valuable to them (i.e., keep your job
and get promoted). The same applies to dealing with
customers. Regardless of what the customer's specific
business is, they still engage in relatively standard
business practices. They still have to sell something,
meet payroll, pay bills, collect receivables, keep
costs down, get product out on time, with sellable
features working, etc., etc.

/kevin

Sponsored by eHelp Corporation, makers of RoboHelp. RoboHelp 2002 is now available! Get the very latest in Help functionality
to create superior Help systems. Get special savings when you buy
in January! Visit http://www.ehelp.com/techwr