Re: [RE: Bullies (was: Round #4263...)]

Subject: Re: [RE: Bullies (was: Round #4263...)]
From: Hannah <to -dot- hannah -at- usa -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: 8 Jan 2002 16:24:03 EST

"Foster, Willow" <WFoster -at- friedmancorp -dot- com> wrote:
> Excuse me?!
>
> Where is it written that one must be male to deal with bullies? I'll have
> you know I can deal with a bully just as well as _anyone_ else! (Size, sex,
> age have nothing to do with it. I don't take crap.) I realize that I tend
> be sensitive about such things, so I might be overreacting, but still.. A
> man can deal with a bully better than a woman? Because of testosterone??
I'm
> sorry, but that is an old, tired argument that's just plain wrong.
--------------------

I whole-heartedly agree and was pretty put-off when I read those comments. In
fact, I thrive against a bully because they are easier to manipulate.
Regardless of the person's behavior, as communicators it should be in all of
our skills to find a way to communicate effectively regardless of sex,
regardless of behavior. It comes down to a much-discussed issue on this list:
know your audience. Now work within those parameters. Last I heard,
testosterone did nothing to assist a person with assessing another person,
evluating their needs, or communicating the ability to deliver solutions to
those needs - at least not in our industry!

hannah Bissell
to -dot- hannah -at- usa -dot- net

to create superior Help systems. Get special savings when you buy
in January! Visit http://www.ehelp.com/techwr