Re: [Re: STC Membership]

Subject: Re: [Re: STC Membership]
From: Hannah <to -dot- hannah -at- usa -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: 3 Jan 2002 13:01:08 EST

Andrew Plato <intrepid_es -at- yahoo -dot- com> wrote:
> "bgoett" wrote...
>
> > Hi Everyone,
> > I'm trying to decide if the benefits of joining STC are worth the
> $200.00
> > CDN annual fees.
> >
> > Any opinions?
>
> Yeah. Send me the $200 and I will teach you how to subnet a network. Not
> only is that about 1000 times more useful than an STC membership, I'll
> send you a box of cookies.
<snip>

> Forget STC. Its mostly a social club. Remember, NOBODY outside of the tech
> writing world cares (or even knows) about STC.
>
> Andrew Plato

Andrew,

Question: If you were looking at hiring a TW and saw they were a member of
STC, would that be a mark against them in your mind? Would that be a negative?
(Assuming the rest of the resume fits your needs and has the required
experience for the position in question.)

hannah Bissell.....who is also wondering what kind of cookies are provided
with the education on how to subnet a network....

to -dot- hannah -at- usa -dot- net

Get free e-mail and a permanent address at http://www.amexmail.com/?A=1