RE: Extreme Technical Writing (was RE: Flexibility and changing r equirements)

Subject: RE: Extreme Technical Writing (was RE: Flexibility and changing r equirements)
From: "Lisa Wright" <liwright -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 22:41:03 -0800

And expecting developers to like or value spending their time doing
documentation is like expecting the cat to be happy when you put it in
the bath water. The agile modeling site is clearly a software
development methodology written by developers, not a site about tech
writing, so I can't see much reason to get offended. Why do we care if
the developers want to do documentation? I actually thought the author
did see some value in technical writers--he did suggest hiring some. He
just doesn't want to BE one. Good! More work for us.

I'm still curious: are lots of tech writers being employed writing the
kind of project documentation this site describes as the documents that
factor into agile programming? If so, are they largely more traditional
development projects, or moving toward rapid development (pick your
flavor)?

Lisa

RoboHelp for FREE, through January 15th. RoboHelp can import your existing
Help projects! Learn how else RoboHelp can benefit you. www.ehelp.com/techwr