RE: doing graphics when you're not an artist

Subject: RE: doing graphics when you're not an artist
From: "Nora Merhar" <nmerhar -at- charlesindustries -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 13:11:00 -0600

I do that (trace over photos) in Interleaf, which has a decent graphics
program (it's frankly amazing what someone REALLY talented with the
Interleaf graphics program can do--I'm not, but a previous writer here was,
and her drawings are INCREDIBLE).

I have tried to do the same thing with Paint Shop Pro, and so far have had
very little success. Their concept of "layers" frustrates me all out of
proportion, though I suppose if I would actually RTFM...

Nora
Senior Technical Writer, Charles Industries
nmerhar -at- charlesindustries -dot- com

> I'm wondering how practical it is to take digital photos of the equipment
> and then use a software package to trace over the parts of the picture we
> want to use. I think Adobe Illustrator lets you do such tracing
> but haven't
> tried. Any other software that could help us? How do others draw pictures
> when you're not an artist?

RoboHelp for FREE, through January 15th. RoboHelp can import your existing
Help projects! Learn how else RoboHelp can benefit you. www.ehelp.com/techwr