Re: software to create online courses

Subject: Re: software to create online courses
From: "Larisa Grujic" <Grujicl -at- ceu -dot- hu>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 12:40:05 +0100

Hi Gloria,

Depends on how you are going to deliver the course. Is it going to be an instructor-lead course, or just teach yourself Web page or CD-ROM? Maybe you do not need a special tool at all.

If you wish to use a software, try Toolbook [http://www.asymetrix.com/en/toolbook/]. You can download a 30-day trial version. But it is unlikely that it can handle FrameMaker files.

We use Blackboard.com [see:http://coursesites.blackboard.com/]- to deliver and administer our courses. It's free and pretty good, supports HTML materials, so you do not need a special software. It allows you to upload files, design on-line test, chat with students, make on-line gradebook... In this case you can make HTML or PDF files from FrameMaker.

Regards,

Larisa

______________________________
Larisa Grujic, Research Assistant
Department of Environmental Sciences & Policy
Central European University
Nador u. 9, 1051 Budapest, Hungary
http://matisse.ceu.hu/departs/envsci/

>>> "Gloria Shoats Schramm" <gloria -at- expertdocs -dot- com> 01/14/02 03:00AM >>>
I need to create an online course based on a training workbook that was
created using FrameMaker. I have no idea what tool to use or if there is a
tool that does that kind of conversion. Or do I need to start from scratch?
I've seen plenty of online courses out there, but I don't know how they were
created. Any help is appreciated.

RoboHelp for FREE, through January 15th. RoboHelp can import your existing
Help projects! Learn how else RoboHelp can benefit you. www.ehelp.com/techwr