FW: RE: PDF Conversion Problem, using Word

Subject: FW: RE: PDF Conversion Problem, using Word
From: "Steve Hudson" <steve -at- wright -dot- com -dot- au>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 10:55:41 +1100

Ok, here's what you have to do. Its a COMPLETE pain in the butt. U O me 1
very large beer :-)

1) Install Word and Acrobat.

2) Download the latest PS print driver from Adobe.com

3) Modify the ppd file BEFORE installing the PS printer to include a custom
page size (more info in the archive from a previous posting of mine)

4) Install the PS printer.

5) Ensure the PS printer IS NOT SELECTED AS THE DEFAULT PRINTER. If it is,
you WONT be able to view your document in page layout mode, or print it.

6) Load your document.

7) Change the default printer to the custom PS printer.

8) PDFMaker the document NOT using the PDFMaker printer.

Fun huh? Effectively there is a step 9 - reset the default printer to avoid
making a mistake at step 5 :-)

Steve Hudson , HDK List MVP
Principal Technical Writer
Wright Technologies Pty Ltd (Aus)
EyeSpring - the future of graphics has been created.