RE: HTML to XML conversion

Subject: RE: HTML to XML conversion
From: "Darren Barefoot" <darren -dot- barefoot -at- capeclear -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 15:24:54 -0000

Hi,

Well, another poster (whose message I already deleted) described a
couple of tools and technologies that will convert XML to HTML, but XSLT
et al aren't to be taken lately. I mean, it's not rocket science but be
sure you need them before you go about creating XSLT files.
Coincidentally, one of the products my company makes is an XSLT
generator, which creates XSLT on-the-fly as the user maps two DTDs or
schema files. If you're interested, there's more info at
http://www.capeclear.com/products/capestudio/index.shtml.

That said, I haven't seen any requirement for XML in your description.
If you want to single-source your documentation, and you currently have
HTML files, you could use RoboHelp or, for a more robust solution,
something like Arbortext. There are plenty of other tools like this, but
these are the first two that come to mind. Thanks. DB.

RoboHelp for FREE, through January 15th. RoboHelp can import your existing
Help projects! Learn how else RoboHelp can benefit you. www.ehelp.com/techwr