Re: getting word dox HTMLized

Subject: Re: getting word dox HTMLized
From: CHRISTINE ANAMEIER <CANAMEIE -at- email -dot- usps -dot- gov>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 13:44:23 -0500

> And please, no one tell me to use word's export to HTML
> feature. You gotta be nuts to have 2k of text explode
> into 30k of HTML bloat.

Okay, I won't tell you to use Word's export to HTML feature. <g> But
for what it's worth, as an experiment, I just took a 31KB Word file
and used Word 97's "Save as HTML" feature. The resulting HTML file was
4KB. (Saved as a TXT file, it was 2KB. Bloat?)

And yeah, that's 4KB of uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugly HTML, but Dreamweaver can
tidy it up somewhat. And then there's always search and replace to
strip out all those redundant, deprecated FONT tags.

The hand-coded stuff's a lot more elegant, but if you're in a hurry...

Christine
canameie -at- email -dot- usps -dot- gov
RoboHelp for FREE, through January 15th. RoboHelp can import your existing
Help projects! Learn how else RoboHelp can benefit you. www.ehelp.com/techwr