RE: Does Dungeons and Dragons make technical writers?

Subject: RE: Does Dungeons and Dragons make technical writers?
From: Syed Ahmed <SAhmed -at- DKSYSTEMS -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 11:51:53 -0600

>Who let the nerds out? Woof woof. :-)

I've never played D&D, but I think my first encounter with technical writing
came in the form of sci-fi novels. Like everyone on this list, I began
enjoying and appreciating reading from a very early age, but sci-fi was my
first experience with the straight-forward and science-heavy language
(granted that most sci-fi writers make up their own science!). I admit I'm
still a fan of good sci-fi novels.

Unsolicitated plug: I just read a great novel this year ("Galatea 2.2" -
Richard Powers) where the main character, who once thought he would be a
technical writer some day, ends up teaching a computer to analyze the
English language by entering (verbally and manually) all the "classics" of
English Literature. Great read that raises some interesting questions.

Syed
"Not D&D Nerdy; just Sci-Fi Nerdy"