Re: Reality check

Subject: Re: Reality check
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 11:39:26 -0800 (PST)

I'm involved in 6 initiatives in this cycles that involve everything
from defining the existing process and documenting it, redefining the
process and documenting it, developing software as appropriate,
creating user documentation and job aids, conducting training, and
rolling out nationwide.

Soup to nuts...about 2 months per group of initiatives. This is my
3rd cycle (due date march) and have been here since Aug.

We have project timeline reviews twice a week and NONE of the
intiatives (about 10 to date) have slipped more than a couple of
weeks from inception to rollout. If any milestone in the timeline
moves more than 3 days, it gets kicked up to a red status and
initiative manager must give an oral presenation to the stakeholders
explaining why. The stakeholder's bonus plan includes this as a
factor, so you can be sure they don't smile during the presentation.

--- Lois Patterson <lois -at- dowco -dot- com> wrote:
> There are so few software projects that conform to timelines
> anyway. Do you
> think they will realistically have the product finished so that
> your work
> will be required in that four weeks, or will this discussion of
> Lois Patterson
>
> Sharon wrote:

> | I am looking for a reality check. The client seems
> | immovable about the 4 weeks.

=====
John Posada, Senior Technical Writer

Send FREE video emails in Yahoo! Mail!