Re: Opera Browser

Subject: Re: Opera Browser
From: kelley <kwalker2 -at- gte -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 02:25:06 -0500

At 10:13 AM 1/17/02 -0800, Edwyn Kumar wrote:

Hi All,

I was just wondering if anyone has used or has background with the Opera Web Browser. I saw an ad promo for it, and am intrigued. Any techy juice on the product or people that worked on the specs?

It is very customizable: lets the user have optimal control.

I have found that the newest version seems to be a resource hog. I had no problems with the older version. I usually run an IDS, firewall, IM, AV, and several apps, sometimes with 4-5 browser windows open. Opera 6.0 chokes.

Also, lots of shortcut keys. I have early arthritis and RSS, so not having to use a even a trackball is a blessing.

Also, if you write web pages, Opera is the browser to use.

ResearchBuzz had some reviews. You can search the site for the short reviews she wrote:
http://www.researchbuzz.com/

Kelley