RE: Gray hair and first impressions

Subject: RE: Gray hair and first impressions
From: Tothscribe -at- aol -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 13:01:08 EST

>reality is reality

The brutal truth appears to be that if we women don't dye our hair, we won't be showing solidarity with the out of work neighbor, we'll be joining her.

I've already had this fight offlist; I don't want to deal with the extra fuss and expense of dye, but I was paying close attention to the job hunt of a friend of mine. She was dead-set against dying her hair, and was unemployed for almost a year. Within a month of her caving in and dying her hair, she was employed.

I'll silver with pride if I ever get a long-term government job or when I retire. Until then, hairdye is just a regrettable part of the job-hunting attire, like heels and hose. I don't like those either, I do my best to winnow out jobs that require them - but if it's a choice between comfort and the mortgage, the mortgage wins.

Linnea Dodson