Re: Online fonts and sizes -- new usability study

Subject: Re: Online fonts and sizes -- new usability study
From: Dick Margulis <margulis -at- fiam -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 23:36:23 -0500

AAARRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!!

When will these grad students ever learn! If they even ARE grad students!

Y'know, just for the heck of it, I followed Jean's link and read the study. Okay, I skimmed the study, so maybe I missed it. But I saw no mention of line length, characters per line, leading, optical size, or any of the other confounding variables. This is not a study; it is a sham. Save your time.

Dick

Jean Weber wrote:

The Software Usability Research Laboratory (SURL) has recently published a new study, "A Comparison of Popular Online Fonts: Which Size and Type is Best?"

http://psychology.wichita.edu/surl/usabilitynews/41/onlinetext.htm

Collect Royalties, Not Rejection Letters! Tell us your rejection story when you submit your manuscript to iUniverse Nov. 6 -Dec. 15 and get five free copies of your book. What are you waiting for? http://www.iuniverse.com/media/techwr