RE: Why do you need a nav system?

Subject: RE: Why do you need a nav system?
From: jgarison -at- ide -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 11:12:02 -0500

Sue,

In my case, I had a 900+ page help system, and I defy you to find ANYTHING
using the little books and pages icons. While we were cannibalizing the old
html files into the new one, we had to add the search feature to the old set
of files so that we could find stuff - even though we KNEW it was there, it
took us forever to find.

While Deva operates in a default mode of indexing only <Body> contents, you
can add metatags to specify synonyms.

In my situation, the TOC was awful and would only get worse and more useless
and ineffective. Going to a search capability was a huge improvement.

Your mileage may vary, depending on your content and your audience.

John

John Garison
Documentation Manager
IDe