RE: Online help for Linux application?

Subject: RE: Online help for Linux application?
From: jgarison -at- ide -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 09:18:55 -0500

John,

My first reaction was "Why would you need a nav system at all?" You'd have
to ask Ben Weisner, but Deva Tools (www.devahelp.com) makes a great little
search engine that works just fine in lieu of a TOC or Index. Users can type
in words and find the relevant hit pages. It's very inexpensive, takes very
little time to set up and maintain, and provides faster search and retrieval
of information.

And it works on IE and Netscape. Haven't tried it in Opera, though.

My 2¢,

John

John Garison
Documentation Manager