Re: Applying On-Line

Subject: Re: Applying On-Line
From: "Sharon Burton-Hardin" <sharon -at- anthrobytes -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 14:03:00 -0800

For a junior writer, we expect to train them in this and other solid work
practices - like backing up your work. I have a junior writer right now who
is learning about outlining. Next thing we will do is work on styles, then
off we go to other stuff. And my intern is also learning this stuff. I
expect to teach a new person.

We do teach styles in tools in the local tech writing certificate program in
the Intro class. We get resistance - a lot of it - but we - the teachers -
think it is important enough that it must be taught in the first 4 weeks.
Just part of our professional tool kit.

sharon

Sharon Burton-Hardin
Anthrobytes Consulting
909-369-8590
www.anthrobytes.com
Vice-president, Programs of the Inland Empire chapter of the STC
www.iestc.org