A job for : Looking for Advice

Subject: A job for : Looking for Advice
From: Ed Manley <EManley -at- Solutionsplus -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 11:36:18 -0600

Hi Terry,
While I am sending this directly to you because of your post, I am going to
address it to the entire Techwr-l list as well, so that anyone with a
candidate in mind can speak up. If you aren't interested but know someone
who is, feel free to forward this note.
This company will not work with recruiters.

How would you like to live and work in the sunny South?

After contemplating your post for a day or three I suddenly realized that
you are talking about just what we need!

Have you any VB experience? We are hiring several folks (we have sixty
people now and expect to double in size this year).

We need VB coders, TWs, BAs, Testers and DBAs.

Particularly we need someone who can work with both the development team and
with management to create and implement a sane documentation strategy.

Our management structure is two owners and five VPs, then everyone else, so
you would work directly under a decision-maker at all times.

Each of us below the VP of Technology share the workload and step in as
Project Lead or supporting worker bee as needed, so there's no
"politicking"...it creates an environment where "we're all in this
together".

This is my first "real" job after many years of consulting and contracting,
and I love the place. That's not to say we have no problems...just that in
the year I have been here it has proven to be a great place to work.

If you have a development background, understand how software development is
done, and want to work with process improvement, particularly in the areas
of requirements and SDLC documentation, you may have the cross-cultural
skills we are looking for!

Let me know if you are interested, but don't send me a resume - I am taking
myself out of the evaluation and recommendation loop.

If you think you would like to work in Birmingham for a company that is fun,
progressive, pays well, has great need and an exciting future, let me know.

We'll talk more about specifics off line, and if you are interested I will
hook you up with the decision maker.

Look forward to hearing from you,
Ed

Ed Manley