Re: Word styles, resumes, and being pragmatic

Subject: Re: Word styles, resumes, and being pragmatic
From: Dick Margulis <margulis -at- fiam -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2002 07:28:38 -0500

Brad Jensen wrote:

What impressed me recentl is the one candidate (for a tech sales
position) that actually included his snapshot in his email.

In the US that's problematic. There are many large corporations that would respond to such a submission with a sharp note indicating it would not be passed forward to a hiring manager and enjoining the applicant from even applying for another position. This is driven by the fear of being sued for discriminating of the basis of race. (And I am not making any assumption about the race of the person who sent you his snapshot. Nor am I assuming anything about you. This is just a problem for the applicant who wants his résumé read everywhere he sends it.)

Collect Royalties, Not Rejection Letters! Tell us your rejection story when you submit your manuscript to iUniverse Nov. 6 -Dec. 15 and get five free copies of your book. What are you waiting for?

See and check it out.

Re: Word styles, resumes, and being pragmatic: From: Brad Jensen