RE: Word styles, resumes, and being pragmatic

Subject: RE: Word styles, resumes, and being pragmatic
From: Robert Rinehart <rrinehart -at- smithdata -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 09:22:19 -0500

I used to be a recruiter (before joining the TW field one month ago
tomorrow!), and for some time we specialized in technical sales placements
with large consulting and software development firms. From time to time we
would receive a resume with a photo. These always came from older male sales
candidates who had not changed jobs in a long time. I asked some of them
about this and learned that this used to be a very accepted practice, as was
the incluson of age, family status and other personal information we would
never dream of putting on a resume today.

Robert