resume: "job obituary format"=bad

Subject: resume: "job obituary format"=bad
From: "Robert Nagle" <verycompetentperson -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 13:12:50 -0600

I enjoyed the discussion of resume formats over the past few days. I appreciated the confessions from hiring managers that they made sure the MS Word resume used styles. I had to go back and look back at my resume to see if I used styles. Luckily, I had.

Tech writers probably have strong opinions on the subject, and so do I. (Ultimately, we can probably agree that a resume per se doesn't land anybody a job). Still, the job obituary format doesn't seem to be a helpful format to use, especially for people with lots of contract experience.

I posted some comments about resumes and usability on http://home.austin.rr.com/imaginaryplanet/blogger/blogger.html
It's on the Feb 16 post (in 2 parts)

Robert Nagle
www.idiotprogrammer.com