RE: Nesting Concepts (process vs. procedure)

Subject: RE: Nesting Concepts (process vs. procedure)
From: "Steve Hudson" <cruddy -at- optushome -dot- com -dot- au>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2002 04:50:24 +1100

Although there is an obvious doco hierarchy I prefer definitions like

Process: Defined Inputs and Outputs and the means of moving between them.
Not restricted to just one person. Not role based but business rule based.
Especially prone to non-linear progressions.

Procedure: Single user, multiple tasks, pre-requisites and a set goal.

Task / Instructions: An atomic element of work. I prefer to implement these
as checklists where possible.

Steve Hudson, Word Heretic
Word help and tools: heretic -at- tdfa -dot- com

RoboHelp 2002 is now available! Get the very latest in Help functionality to
create superior Help systems. Special competitive upgrade pricing and other
pricing offers are in effect! Call today! Call now (800-455-5132) or visit