Re: Specific Automation Question

Subject: Re: Specific Automation Question
From: quills -at- airmail -dot- net
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 15:13:38 -0600

At 12:42 PM -0800 2/1/02, Benjamin J. wrote:

How can I automate HTML and PDF production with a batch file or something of that sort, so I can have nightly builds for the docs, making them available for more testing even before the release candidates.

Current Process:
HTML and PDF are produced for release candidates, which are tested with the rest of the product. PDF is also produced for doc reviews.

I would look into a scripting solution. FrameScript would be a good choice on Windows. If you use a Mac, then FrameScript and AppleTalk. If you are on Unix, then Perl and Cron.

Specific Automation Question: From: Benjamin J.