RE: Hiring Publications Managers

Subject: RE: Hiring Publications Managers
From: "Mike Starr" <writstar -at- wi -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2002 01:52:14 -0600

I think as far as I'm concerned it would be all about philosophical
agreement with the way I felt things should be done within the organization
rather than job history. Why?? Because I'm the sort of "doesn't necessarily
play well with others" type who doesn't last long in some large
bureaucratic organizations but I'm not afraid to wander in and give it a
try anyway. In many cases, it's a philosophical disagreement that leads to
a checkered work history. You talk to people, it all seems like you're all
on the same page and you get in the shop and the next thing you know you're
the skunk at the garden party. The only honorable thing to do is fall on
your sword and move on. Kinda like Steve H. hiring Andrew <grin>

Mike

---
Mike Starr WriteStarr Information Services
Technical Writer - Online Help Developer - Technical Illustrator
Graphic Designer - Desktop Publisher - MS Office Expert
Office: (262) 694-1028 - Pager: (414) 318-9509 - Fax: (262) 697-6334
Home (262) 694-0932 - mike -at- writestarr -dot- com - http://www.writestarr.com