RE: FrontPage vs. HomeSite

Subject: RE: FrontPage vs. HomeSite
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 07:25:46 -0800 (PST)

--- Marguerite Krupp <mkrupp -at- cisco -dot- com> wrote:
> This may have changed, but at one time, sites created in Front Page
> required
> that the ISP hosting the site be running certain server-side
> software. Not a
> problem if you're running with one of the larger ISPs, but my local
> service provider couldn't handle it.

A site created in FP doesn't REQUIRE that the extensions be
installed. The extensions add functionality that otherwise might
require CGI, JS, or something else in its place.

If the ISP doesn't use the extensions (which are free from MS), then
the ISP can handle a site where you don't use the extension
functionality.

Its always been like this.

=====
John Posada, Senior Technical Writer