Re: job interview with tests

Subject: Re: job interview with tests
From: "Dick Margulis " <margulis -at- mail -dot- fiam -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 12:28:27 -0500

Cayenne,

It's all about attitude. If you go in thinking that it's an insult to your dignity to be required to take a test (don't laugh; I've interviewed people like that), then you've lost the job before you even get there. If you go in thinking that this is a tool to show how great you'll be on the job, then you've probably won the job before the test begins. And, worst case, you'll find out the job requires knowledge in areas you're unfamiliar with; that's just an opportunity to tell the interviewer how fast you learn new stuff.

In short, embrace tests. Make them your friends. And, above all else, Cayenne, don't get hot about it (sorry, couldn't resist that one).

Dick