More Network Slang

Subject: More Network Slang
From: Decker F Wong-Godfrey <dfgodfrey -at- milmanco -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2002 15:02:56 -0800

>>2 NICs (Network Interface Cards). One has the IP for your external gateway and goes to the router. One as the ip 192.168.0.1 which is IP slang for "local server".

Sorry, didn't interpret "local server" in the previous message as reference to a local preferred configuration you use. Localhost is the only "default" IP address that I know of.

Or maybe that's dialect from a different part of the net than I'm from...

Decker Wong-Godfrey
Milmanco Corporation
--Excellence in Technical Communication Since 1945--
(206)575-3808

Collect Royalties, Not Rejection Letters! Tell us your rejection story when you submit your manuscript to iUniverse Nov. 6 -Dec. 15 and get five free copies of your book. What are you waiting for? http://www.iuniverse.com/media/techwr