RE: MS Visual Source Safe - Please Help!

Subject: RE: MS Visual Source Safe - Please Help!
From: "Steve Hudson" <cruddy -at- optushome -dot- com -dot- au>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 19:03:56 +1100

G'day Anthony,

I have been using VSS for a number of years. Obviously its main use is
constantly checking files in and out for revisions, keep a change history.

The only 'advanced' thingies I do (other than regularly compress and repair
all VSS dbs onsite as no-one else could be bothered / knows how to) is to
use it with Master Documents, as described in my forthcoming article on the
Whirler site, and to maintain a master copy of all my global templates. For
example, when I am not using HDK, I keep all of its templates deleted from
my local dir, knowing I can "get latest" when I need to use it. Also, once
you see the proliferation of homespun tools I use, keeping the extraneous
ones out of the road is a development necessity!

Steve Hudson, Word Heretic
HDK List MVP
Word help and tools: heretic -at- tdfa -dot- com