Re: MS Visual Source Safe - Please Help!

Subject: Re: MS Visual Source Safe - Please Help!
From: quills -at- airmail -dot- net
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 22:28:31 -0600

At 8:22 PM -0800 2/5/02, Anthony wrote:

I just got a question from a potential employer I have
never had asked before in my almost ten years in this
business.

It is regarding the use of Visual Source Safe from
Microsoft. My use of it was many years ago and was
limited to maintaining documentation source control.

Are there ways technical writers commonly use this
software?

What are some of the more unconventional ways
potential employers might expect technical writers to
use this software if they are searching for someone
highly technical?

To check out source code to write about it?

Other than that, the only use is to maintain documentation source control. But then, don't forget you can misuse any software.

Scott

Collect Royalties, Not Rejection Letters! Tell us your rejection story when you submit your manuscript to iUniverse Nov. 6 -Dec. 15 and get five free copies of your book. What are you waiting for? http://www.iuniverse.com/media/techwr