Word Losing Custom Document Properties

Subject: Word Losing Custom Document Properties
From: "Conner, Stuart" <sconner -at- ndsuk -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 11:21:45 -0000

Hi all,

We're sending out some Word 97 documents to various customers, who add some
information to them then send them back.

With some documents returned from customers in the Far East, my colleague
who receives them can open the docs and they are fine. A few others can also
open the docs and they are fine again. But on some PCs when we open the docs
none of the custom document properties are present. If I open a doc on a PC
which reads it OK then save the file, it then works on all the PCs.

Any clues as to why the docs are OK on some PCs but not on others? All the
PCs are running Word 97 SR-2. Windows versions are NT and 98, but there is
no consistency as to which the docs work on.

Thanks,

Stuart Conner
E-mail: sconner -at- ndsuk -dot- com