RE: Word Losing Custom Document Properties - Problem Solved

Subject: RE: Word Losing Custom Document Properties - Problem Solved
From: "Conner, Stuart" <sconner -at- ndsuk -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 12:29:01 -0000

Thanks Steve,

I guessed that our friends from the East would be using a localised copy of
Word but did not see why some or our PCs would work and some not. Doing
another search on the Microsoft KB for 'localised' reveals that there are
some Far East support files, and mentions that Word properties will be blank
if these are not installed when viewing docs saved through a Far East
localised version of Word.

On the PCs that do work, people had viewed Chinese sites and downloaded the
font support which IE offered, which downloaded and installed the font and
(presumably) the support files as well. Just done this on my PC and all now
works well. Problem solved!

Stuart.