Home network security WAS Re: upgrade from 98 to XP

Subject: Home network security WAS Re: upgrade from 98 to XP
From: Win Day <winday -at- wordsplus -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2002 08:03:34 -0500

I've been following the thread on securing home networks running Windows, and I have a quesion:

Is the security check offered by Gibson Research Corporation at https://grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2 a good test of the security of my home network?

According to its measurements, my PCs are running in full stealth mode and can't be found. I'm wondering how accurate that really is.

Win

Win Day
Multimedia Developer

http://www.wordsplus.net