Re: Suggestions for "Interesting" Techwriting Book?

Subject: Re: Suggestions for "Interesting" Techwriting Book?
From: kcronin -at- daleen -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 10:58:45 -0700

I'm a big fan of Janet Van Wicklen's "The Tech Writing Game."

It's casual and witty, but it's geared at somebody who is seriously
considering entering the tech writing field, not in its level of
technicality, but in the candor of the anecdotes it provides.

As a grownup eager to learn more about a field I was preparing to enter, I
found it invaluable. But it might not fascinate somebody who's only taking
the class to get a credit they need.

Who takes a tech writing class in high school? On one hand it sounds like
a GREAT idea - but I'm surprised to find anybody that age is
interested....

Good luck. I hear good things about the Dummies book, but have not read
it.

- Keith Cronin

Another example of tech writing at its best:

You put your right foot in, you put your right foot out;
You put your right foot in, and you shake it all about.
You do the Hokey-Pokey, and you turn yourself around.
That's what it's all about!

- Roland Lawrence LaPrise