RE: When it is right to be wrong?

Subject: RE: When it is right to be wrong?
From: Jim Shaeffer <jims -at- spsi -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 14:38:30 -0500

I would like to make two apparently self-contradictory
points.

1. In the real world, if I order 2 hamburgers, large fries,
an unsweetened iced tea and an apple pie and then get a
cherry pie instead (which I hate) what score do I give the
people at the drive thru? An A? A B? Or are we in the world
of competency based testing on a pass / fail basis?

2. Marguerite's point is more valid the newer the
technology that's involved. Complete and correct documenta-
tion is not of significant value to the early adopters,
certainly not of enough value to outweigh the costs of
developing it. (See Moore's _Crossing the Chasm_ for the
detailed charts.) Besides, the typical early adopter is
happy to learn from exploration and experimentation.
("Documentation is for sissies." <grin>)

Jim Shaeffer (jims -at- spsi -dot- com)