RE: Hiring Publications Managers

Subject: RE: Hiring Publications Managers
From: jgarison -at- ide -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 17:40:51 -0500

In the juicy analogy that you present, IMHO, the real thing you are trying
to decide between are not apples and peaches. As I see it, you want a
specific type of fruit, Apples for the sake of argument (writers). Now, what
you are really trying to figure out is what type of apple you want - Red
Delicious or Macintosh. Both have the same generic quality (appleness) but
it's the perceived subtle differences you're trying to sort out - sweetness
v. tartness.

But as I sort of said in a previous post, there is so much hybridization
that sometimes it's hard to tell what you're looking at. Both are red on the
surface. Both are white inside. Both are satisfying to eat. One may do just
as well as the other - if you give them a chance.

John