Re: Line Numbers in ASCII File

Subject: Re: Line Numbers in ASCII File
From: Sheila Carlisle <scarlisle -at- axialinfo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2002 07:46:18 -0800

Check out S&R by Funduc, at -- it's a great little tool, and it can be run programmatically. It has a display showing line numbers for search hits.

Another possibility is TextPipe, at

Steve Goldberg wrote:

We have a huge ASCII text file against which we would like to do
searches to find matching strings in the text. Once we match a
particular text string we would like to be able to determine on what
line number or page number that string is located.

Sheila Carlisle Axial InfoSolutions Inc. (Kirkland, Washington)
Automated Publishing Solutions / Authorized Miramo Reseller