RE: QUERY: spelling, e.g. or eg

Subject: RE: QUERY: spelling, e.g. or eg
From: Stephen McDermott <Stephen -dot- McDermott -at- PREMERA -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 12:42:27 -0800

I would stick with "e.g.". It is more a copyediting and usage item, though.
My MOS has the periods, and the term is always followed by a comma.

I am just happy when they (e.g., writers, editors, SMEs) use it correctly
(i.e., not using i.e. instead of e.g.).

(i.e. - Think "In Other Words...")
(e.g. - Think "Here are some examples")