RE: QUERY: spelling, e.g. or eg

Subject: RE: QUERY: spelling, e.g. or eg
From: "Sean O'Donoghue-Hayes (EAA)" <Sean.O'Donoghue-Hayes -at- ericsson -dot- com -dot- au>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 15:16:21 +1100

Right!

The use of e.g. and i.e. are more annoying than information providing. For
example is not that long a statement and clearly understood.

When doing web-pages, html, whatever those squiggles u want to create on the
screen are going to be created in the use of dots and commas are very
difficult to see. Thus if you have e.g. the dots will bleed, and merge, and
vanish....just making it another eye squint test for users.

So use for example....

well that's my four cents anyhow....

regards and thanks,
Sean O'Donoghue-Hayes