Geez, I take a break to get another glass of wine, and...

Subject: Geez, I take a break to get another glass of wine, and...
From: "Karen E. Black" <kblack_text -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 20:33:11 -0500

75 messages on RAS and other topics have popped up on TECHWR-L in 20 minutes. I had to break (from copy-editing some executive-speak into English in a requirements document) for half an hour to read them all.

OK, my question: my boss (not a pubs manager -- the Customer Relationship director) has revised the section of the document that I contributed, and she has changed all my active sentence constructions to passive. This must have been a lot of work, but it doesn't match the style of the rest of the document (at least 3 other contributors). How can I cure her passivity? She IS my boss, but I AM the writer.

Karen Black, enjoying her red pen almost as much as her red Merlot...to coin an RASism

Collect Royalties, Not Rejection Letters! Tell us your rejection story when you submit your manuscript to iUniverse Nov. 6 -Dec. 15 and get five free copies of your book. What are you waiting for? http://www.iuniverse.com/media/techwr