Can I take the "Pleases" off a web site?

Subject: Can I take the "Pleases" off a web site?
From: "Karen E. Black" <kblack_text -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 15:14:41 -0500

I'm trying to clean up some web pages (it's an e-commerce site), and I wonder if, for brevity's sake, I can get the developer to remove all instances of Please in some of the instructions. Sometimes it is used 2 or 3 times on the same page. And we never say, Thanks....

These are instructions, such as "Click here to see your item," instead of Please click here, NOTE instead of PLEASE NOTE.

In other instances, I'd leave in the Please in "Please call 1-877-xxx-xxxx to inquire about your order."

Any comments?