Are You Annoying or Not? quiz

Subject: Are You Annoying or Not? quiz
From: "Jane Carnall" <jane -dot- carnall -at- digitalbridges -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 17:21:41 -0000

I discovered when I did the Are You Annoying or Not? quiz this lunchtime
(http://www.amiannoyingornot.com/quiz2/) that I am Partially Annoying (I
scored 52). That sounds about right, as the following e-mail dialogue on
upcoming trip to New York illustrates. (I'm going to NYC in 8 days with my
friend L: she got the plane tickets and booked the hotel room on her credit
card.)

J: Can we meet up on Sunday evening? (I owe her a cheque, she needs to give
me my tickets, we need to swop travel insurance details: emphasis that it
had to be Sunday)

L: I can email flight numbers tonight so no panic, and bring tickets Sun.
Yes cheque on Sun would be good as I now have . Do you fancy the film? I'd
like to see it and worried I'll miss it between here and US!

J: What film?

L: Monsters Inc.

J: What about meeting Sunday evening for Monsters Inc, then? Do ticket and
cheque handover?

L: That's what I said in my first email!!!!!!!!!

J: No, it's not, but if it's what you meant, then we're agreed.

I fear that a passion for precision will always appear Partially
Annoying.... Do other technical writers have this problem, or is it just me?

Jane Carnall
The writers all stand around a cauldron chanting and occasionally tossing in
a small rodent.

E-mail is an informal method of communication and may be subject to data corruption, interception and unauthorised amendment for which Digital Bridges Ltd will accept no liability. Therefore, it will normally be inappropriate to rely on information contained on e-mail without obtaining written confirmation.