Re: Geez, I take a break to get another glass of red wine...

Subject: Re: Geez, I take a break to get another glass of red wine...
From: Andrew Plato <intrepid_es -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 09:59:16 -0800 (PST)

<wordsync -at- swbell -dot- net> wrote

> My suggestion would be to simply point it out to her. She may not have
> even realized that she was adding a different voice. I've found, in my
> experience as an editor, that _most_ people are agreeable when you
> the problem with their edits. However, there are some...

<sarcasm> Oh yeah, everybody loves it when you tell them they are wrong.
Point out her personality flaws while your at it too. People love that.
Especially bosses. </sarcasm>

If you make a big deal out of this, you'll get hurt. Just change her
sentences back and move along. Don't tell her, don't waste your time. She
spend X number of years learning to write poorly, you won't change her

Andrew Plato

> Good luck--I hope your boss will be agreeable to staying in the active
> voice.
> Pat Glass
> wordsync -at- swbell -dot- net
> "WordSync--bring words and ideas together"

Do You Yahoo!?

your book. What are you waiting for?

See and check it out.