Re: TM whine/plea

Subject: Re: TM whine/plea
From: "Henry Vandelinde" <HenryV -at- milltronics -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 14:32:12 -0500

We considered the same when we went to Web site distribution of our manuals.

However, the manuals are published as a whole, and we state in the disclaimers that we are not responsible for whole or partial reproductions.

Thus, we use first instance only, as is standard usage.

their ops manuals used registered trademark symbols for "every" instance of
their brand names, even in their footers and headers. I've lobbied (fairly
successfully to this point) for the first use marking instead. However, we
just re-branded our entire product line and the issue is coming to the fore

Henry Vandelinde, Ph.D.
Technical Publications Manager
Siemens Milltronics
(705) 740-7643