Re: Globally renaming condition tags in FrameMaker?

Subject: Re: Globally renaming condition tags in FrameMaker?
From: hedley_finger -at- myob -dot- com -dot- au
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 10:14:42 +1100

Rowena, Quills:

>Does anyone know if it is possible to
>globally rename a condition tag in Frame?
>I'm using FrameMaker 6.0 on Windows 2000.

Unlike tables, para tags, char tags, and a whole lot of other objects in
FrameMaker, you cannot easily rename condition tags (Adobe, are you paying
attention).

METHOD 1

Create a new condition tag with the desired name.

Copy it to the clipboard.

Search the text for applications of the unwanted condition tag and replace
it.

Delete the unwanted condition tag.

METHOD 2

Save the file as MIF, then search for the old name and replace with the
new.

Hedley

--
Hedley Finger
Technical Communications/Technical communicator and FrameMaker mentor